Saturday, January 12, 2013

One week in the books!!

So here we are one week down on my mission to be at least 20 pounds lighter when I go to the doctor in March. So far the results are almost amazing. When I started this journey, I also started a new shift at work. I went from 9-5:30 to 7-3:30. I was really struggling with that because getting up early is not really how I operate. This new schedule forces me to get up at the latest by 5:30. When your used to staying up to 1 or 2 and then have to get up at 5:30, well I dont have to tell you I'm no spring chicken anymore and I found that out real quick. So I started noticing that I was getting very tired around 9:00pm. I started listening to my body for once and started winding myself down then and voila it worked. I actually wake up rested and ready to go. Just for tests I tried to stay up last night until 2 and almost passed out around 1:30. Well needless to say I missed my 5:30 wakeup by a long shot and didn't get up until almost 8:30. So this just proved my point, the old addage rings true, early to bed early to rise..lol! Anyway that put my sleep back on track and then my diet has been giving me an abundance of energy. Before starting this I would almost always be falling asleep at my desk at work everyday. In fact one of my coworkers was joking with me yesterday that he has a photo of me on his old phone passed out at my desk. Well I'm glad to say that for the past 3 days I have not even nodded my head at work. I also got so much done it was incredible. Also when I get up in the morning, the first thing I do is take my buddy Kash out on a walk. I would have laughed in your face a month ago if you told me I would be walking a dog at 5:30 in the morning, rain or shine. But it is happening every morning like clockwork. When I get home at night, I dont have quite the energy I had in the morning, but I know that will come. It's still enough to allow me to play with Kash, help with supper, do the dishes and keep the areas generally clean. It also affords me the energy to actually go out and get stuff when we need it, like dog food which I went and got this morning with Kash and the kids. It feels so amazingly good to go out with the kids and dog and not be just going to McDonalds or some fast food joint. I'm really excited for tomorrow when Ang is awake on Sunday and we can do something outside this house as a family. Things are looking up both physically and mentally right now. Well on to the exciting part. I got on the scale this morning and for the first time in a looooooong while I have broke the 360 mark. I came in at 359.7 for this first weigh in. I started at 368.8 so thats like 9.1 pounds gone in the first week alone!!! Now I know its all water weight cause believe you me, I have a new found friendship with the porcelin throne, but I'll take almost 10 lbs gone anyday of the week! This really motivates me to do more. I think I'm going to start to incorporate some additional excercising to celebrate. Ang has linked me to a great health tracking site at Endomondo which I plan to use immediatly. I wont be able to do the long walks with the tracker because of my stupid knee( which I think I reinjured this morning) but I will damn sure be doing something on it. On to my pain level. Right now the worst pain I have is in my knee. I think it is hyperextended because it is almost impossible to bend right now. I think some stretches and excercise should work this out but I'm really kinda worried if it doesn't help. I really messed up both my knees in high school playing football and all this weight on them for all these years I know was not good. I'm afraid I have probably worn this knee slap out. I guess I'll hold on and give it until my physical in March and let the Dr know then. Hopefully it will be better by then. Anyway I would say my pain level is about a 6 right now. I cant get to the Tiger Balm right now because Ang is sleeping but I may just have to try to sneak in and get some if it gets any worse. Well I've already been to the pet store to get Kash food and treats and now it's time to clean up the kitchen and living room. I'm gonna see if I can get this all done before Ang wakes up so we can chill out for a while tonight. Super excited and super pumped at the gained energy and weight loss. Yall keep the encouragement coming cause it's gonna get tougher from here on out but I'm in it to win it and there aint no stopping me now! FOr some added motivation, here is the simulated before and after for myself. DAMN I CANT WAIT!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment