Monday, April 20, 2015

Night Before Weigh-In And All Is Quiet

Today I had a TON of school work to catch up on. I let myself slide a little on that too and that is a dangerous thing to let happen. The end of the semester is fast approaching and I am not looking forward to exam week. These classes have made me start to question my field of study choice so I think I'm going to take a day off in the near future and go in to get counselling. It's funny because the class that I thought I would be having issues in ends up being the one I'm acing and the one that I thought I would ace ends up being the problem class. Ah well, all I can do is hunker down and get ready for it the best I can.

One thing that shocked me into action today is one of my friends at work who is younger than me was out of work all last week. With me being gone Thursday and Friday last week, I thought nothing of it. Well, when I came in today, he told me he was in the hospital having 2 stints put in his heart. I thought he was joking at first and kind of laughed but then I realized he wasn't laughing. This dude is about the closest to my situation as you can get. He has been over weight all of his life and went on a fad diet and lost a ton of weight only to see it jump back on him. It's the same guy I was commenting on walking with to the store the other day and him about wearing me out. I couldn't believe it. Here's this dude struggling with weight just like me and just out of the blue he gets admitted and stints put in. I don't know what to say but I got to get moving! Scary thing is that some of the symptoms that he was describing that drove him to go to the doctor, I have felt in the very near past. It's shocking to see someone so young going through something like that. If you would of lined up 100 people and told me to pick out the one with heart problems, he would have been the last one I chose. I'm beginning to think someone is trying to tell me something.

Anyway, I heard today that nothing drives people to church like the devil nipping at their heals and I think I can relate that to my weight loss journey because that's all it took for me. I did a walk at work and came home and headed straight out and walked the green way with the Ms. I could really tell the difference those 2 weeks set me back. My back wasn't the issue this time thanks to the "Amazing Brace", how sweet the sound =P. This time its my legs and knees. I powered on through it and got my 30 minutes in but it was not as easy as it was 2 weeks ago.

So tomorrow is the big Weigh In day and I get to see what damage was done on my 2 week absence. I don't really think it will be too bad, but you never know. If the scale gods are bad to me tomorrow, I know what I did wrong and I have already taken steps to correct it. If they are good to me tomorrow, well it will motivate me even more to get my big butt out there and move.

Also I missed my morning walk that I was supposed to do at 5 am this morning. I am not a morning person and not getting to bed at a decent time costs me sleep and that is a recipe for disaster for me. I say that and l;looking at the clock it's already 11:05 pm. WOW... I better be signing off.

Stats for today:  9584 steps, 4.52 miles, and 7 flights of stairs.

And as I leave yall with that, again I want to thank yall for yall's support and keeping me on my toes. It really means the world to me.

Yall Be Great!

No comments:

Post a Comment