Saturday, January 5, 2013

Here we go again...

Wow! It seems like every 2 years I "find" this blog again. Well someone suggested I use a blog to chronicle my journey and right back I come. This time it's a WHOLE lot worse. I just went to the doctors yesterday and he hit me with the motivation I need. It seems that I am so very close to achieving a milestone in my life. According to the bloodwork numbers I had done 2 weeks ago, I am a 6.1 on a scale of 6.5 on the way to full blown diabetes. The doctor said that if I would have continued the way I was going, within 3 months I would have been totally diabetic. Problem is along with that it seems I have some pretty high cholesterol levels, a insulin level that was almost off the chart, and a BIG problem with a vitamin D deficiency. And here I've been sitting here wondering why my joints and bones hurt all the time and I have psoriasis starting up. So what are we gonna do? Well if looking at this blog is any hint, it looks like nothing. WRONG. This is the same way I quit smoking. It took a doctor looking at an xray of my chest, pointing to a spot and saying "What the hell is that?". Turns out it was nothing but scared me straight. Yes I had a relapse afterwards but I am now off of them totally for over a year now. Now comes this challenge. My docotor stood there looking at all these red numbers on my blood work up saying "What the hell is this?". Here's how its going to go down. I'm going to use this blog to chronicle my journey from medically down and out to physically fit and fine. I will not stop, I will not quit, I will not loose. Loose and I fall into the pit of diabetes and that is not an option. I am going back to what I know, low carbing with some modern modifications. I have a physical coming up in 3 months and I swear by God I will be down at least 20 pounds and my bloodwork will come back a truckload better than this time. This blog will also help me chronicle the disappearance of the pain associated with being so overweight and vitamin d deficient. I am currently taking vitamin D and Krill oil to combat the diabetes and deficiency and have seen a huge response in just 1 day. Yesterday, my knee was swelling up and I could barely get off the couch. Today, the swelling is seriously reduced and I can bend my knee again. My back doesnt hurt as much either. Where yesterday I would say I was at an 8 on a scale of 1 - 10 for pain, today I'm currently at around a 4. I really cant wait to see where this goes and I am excited over the possibilities. Here's to a new year and a new me!

1 comment:

  1. You go dude! It took epilepsy to make this alcoholic stop drinking. Second best thing I ever did. (Marrying Mrs C is the #1.) You've got the motivation. You can do this!

    ReplyDelete